How to Jailbreak iOS 6 devices
Phone lovers now have a reason to rejoice. A new Jailbreaking tool for iOS 6 has been released by a team of hackers called evasion has been released 24 hours ago and several days after the official release of release of iOS 6.1. Latest tool is compatible with all Apple devices including iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini iOS 6.0 or higher.
News about latest hack was posted on twitters of evaders (@evad3rs) and went like a wild fire. Traffic to their website choked and there were approximately 100k downloads in just few hours. This shows how eagerly people were waiting for iOS 6 Jailbreak.
Taking opportunity we would like to help Apple device owners running iOS6 looking for a Jailbreak. Following tutorial will help them jailbreak their iOS6 device seamlessly
Jailbreaking iOS6 device
Pre-requisites for Jailbreaking an iOS6 device are as follows.
- Apple device running iOS 6 or higher
- Computer or Laptop system running Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS x 10.5 or a Linux system
- Evasi0n software
- Data/USB cable to connect your Apple device with computer
- Five minutes of time
- Loads of patience and confidence
- Jailbreaking an Apple device is completely legitimate but your device will lose remaining your warranty after the procedure.
- Never forget to backup all your data using iTunes or iCloud before proceeding for a jailbreak. This will help you recover your data if anything goes wrong during the process.
- Avoid any task related with iOS or iTunes to rule out any unexpected outcome.
- Never panic if anything unusual happens. Stay back and restart your phone. You still have chance to restore your device using DFU mode
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s start the jailbreak process.
Step by Step guide
After completely grasping pre-requites and Warning section, if you are still interested to jailbreak your iOS 6 device then it’s time to move on.
Step-1: Remove password on your device as it can cause conflicts and issues. You can remove your passcode in Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
Step-2: Run the evasi0n program downloaded earlier. Remember to download correct version of the program according to your PC/Laptop OS. A window similar to below screenshot will appear.
Step-3: Connect your iOS 6 device to your computer using the USB cable and click on Jailbreak button as shown in above screenshot. Hold your breath, this will your Apple device light up, restart, and run different commands during the process. Leave it plugged in and wait for next instructions screen to appear like shown in below screenshot.
Step-4: After couple of restarts you will be asked to unlock your device and press the Jailbreak icon (on your device). Only tap it once and keep watching things happening on your dearer than life device. Evasi0n setup will continue and will take you to next screen similar to below to image.
You will be amazed to see the next screen telling you that your device has been successfully Jailbroken. Your device will reboot multiple times to finish the process completely. A Cydia icon on home screen of your phone will further confirm that jailbreak was successful.
If you run into any error then don’t panic. It’s always safe to unplug and restart the device. You can re-run the process again.